Hi loves, as I sit at my hair salon getting ready for my Gatsby 21st Cocktail party tonight, I think back to each stage in my life. I remember the laughter, tears, and struggles. I can’t believe I am turning 21 today! Where did the time go? 21 was always so far away, and here it is. For myself, I wish for years of happiness and great health. I wish for my four-legged friends to remain safe, happy, and loved. I wish for a better tomorrow, always (because our world needs some love). I am thankful for the beautiful people in my life, who without, I’d have no reason to celebrate. I’m also thankful for who I’ve become over the years and I’m damn proud of myself. I’ve found my true family, passions, and goals, which makes the days a little brighter. This time in November, at age 17 I was still waking up with a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black next to me, and seeing hallucinations of the guy who raped me. At age 18, I celebrated with someone I used to know, in a city I’ll always love, and I had much to learn about myself and the world. At age 19…what the heck was I doing? Lol. At age twenty, I was in New York City with my mom and boyfriend, and my brother, and I wasn’t satisfied with my career or path. I felt empty and as if I hadn’t found my light, just yet. Now, I’m a successful business owner, I’m self publishing my book, and I’m one of the managers at Francescas (and I couldn’t be happier). At work I’ve created an incredible and amazing retail family, and without them, I’d be a little less me. I love my life and I’d like to share what I’ve learned with the world, as I turn another year older, and wiser.
- Life goes by so incredibly fast, and there are only so many tomorrow’s. Never regret your choices, because in that moment, it was exactly what you wanted for yourself (good or bad). If you have something to share, share it. Something to say? Say it. Something you want to do? Go do it, today. Don’t regret, just live!
- You create your own family. Mine, well…it’s pretty great 🙂 My family consists of my parents, brother, boyfriend, friends, my retail family, and my animals. Blood isn’t thicker than water.
- Your career is your choice and school isn’t necessary (sorry not sorry). I was accepted into all of my colleges after high school, but I re-routed and jumped into working, which was what I truly wanted. Now, look at me!
- There are some people who will ignite your soul, but they may not hold a permanent spot in your life. Don’t hate them for leaving, but thank them for knowing you. Each person you meet, becomes a part of your story. Keep the novel going.
- Bad things happen to you, no matter what, but how you handle yourself and the situation is what truly matters.
- Take the good kind of risks (career, following your heart, traveling to beautiful places), but don’t be foolish.
- A LOT can be learned from watching Gilmore Girls 😘
- It’s okay to drink lots of champagne and dance on the table every once in a while, because without those moments, what stories would we tell?
- Some of the best nights are spent at home, watching a good movie, and looking out the window at snow ❄️
- Animals are the truest souls on our planet. They’re a constant reminder of why we’re here…to take care of others, animals included. The planet matters, so be kind to the flowers and never stop admiring the changing of seasons (as a writer, nature is EVERYTHING).
I have so much more advice to share, but my brain is clouded with thoughts of champagne and sparkles! So, on that note I wish any other Scorpios out there a happy and fabulous birthday. Here’s to another year of learning, growing, and loving 😘 21…lets do this!