Hi loves. I know that many teachers and parents are struggling with the thought of school being home-based and anxiety from not knowing when kids will return to school. There’s an underlying fear that we will never return to a normal lifestyle and for parents and teachers that fear has become quite overwhelming. Writing has saved my life more times than I can count and has been a therapeutic outlet during times of stress, fear, and sadness. I also recommend reading every day and diving into a good story, which will take your mind elsewhere. You can swim with dolphins, fly with the birds, and be transported to a different era, simply by reading.
Please share my creative writing prompts with anyone who needs a little imaginative boost at this time, especially students who are at home and trying to remain engaged.
Creative Writing Prompts to Keep you Sane
- Describe the weather outside your window in a beautiful way.
- Write about an adventure you could embark on that would take you far away from the stress of today.
- Be a dream catcher and write about a dream and how it relates to waking hours, or reveals the future.
- Relive a favorite childhood memory on paper.
- Write a short love story that would inspire anyone to open their hearts and let down their walls.
- Create a story about friendship, the good and the bad.
- What are the things you cannot live without? Write about what you love most.
- Do a gratitude post and take a moment to soak up what you’re truly grateful for.
- Compose a story about ”What could’ve been” and rewrite a piece of your past.
- Focus on numbers that are special to you for any reason and put together a story, or poem about those numbers.
- Create a story based off of your zodiac sign.
- What scares you? Write about it.
- Embrace good vibes. What makes you happy? What brings peace to your life? Create peace through your writing.
- Choose a photograph (a person, place, or thing) and describe the photo.
- If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?
- Make a list…about anything!
- Describe your dream home and location.
- Become an investigator and solve a mystery.
Allow words to heal your wounds and inspire your mind. Writing and reading keeps you sharp, wise, and calm. Take this time at home to grow, learn, and create. Even little moments can be filled with immense growth. I wish everyone the best this week ❤️